- While rates do vary, a virtual interior designer is a much more budget-friendly option. Since you don't have costs to cover for travel and time spent in the home, more of your budget can actually be spent on decor. This benefit makes a virtual designer ideal for renters or first-time homeowners that aren't quite ready to do any remodeling.
- Since virtual interior design requires no in-home visit, you aren't limited to local designers only. If you have a peculiar style you want, chances are you'll be able to find a stylist that has experience in what you want. They can be on the other side of the country or even out of the country but you can still get exactly what you want.
- Virtual interior design is particularly useful for those who already have a sense of what they want in their home. Perhaps they've already gathered some design inspiration or started shopping around for some furniture or decor. If you have a sense of style already but still need help with finding the right stores and figuring out the little decorative details, this is a great option.
- Last but not least, virtual interior design is perfect for homeowners that need a single room decor change. It can feel like a waste of money to hire an in-home interior designer for only one room but with a virtual designer the process is easier and you won't feel pressured to let the designer scope out of the rest of your home.
- Virtual interior design is not a good choice for homeowners needing a complete remodel. For example, a virtual interior designer can't make judgement calls on flooring or cabinetry unless they are in the home, able to take measurements, see the flooring in person, etc. If you require a remodel, it's best to hire an in-home professional. This also includes any decor that involves plumbing or electrical.
- If you have no passion for interior design and need a lot of assistance due to lack of experience, a virtual designer may leave you feeling helpless.
Virtual interior designers can be an amazing tool for the right person. If you already have worked with an in-home designer, consider asking them for virtual assistance in the future for your smaller projects involving decor.